Tuesday, 15 May 2012

BBRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....., it is getting very cold now, and I need to prepare for the winter months. So instead of covering myself with a comfortable but unsightly layer of additional fat to keep warm, I am opting this winter to go for some home-made woolen options. Look how pretty I look in my knitted hat, and to top it all off - a knitted handbag of all things. OK, the pretty is debatable, but I made the hat myself (it took me one afternoon) and the handbag soon followed thereafter.




I read somewhere that if you are over 50 years, you have permission to wear red and purple together - so that is precisely what I am going to do. Both these patterns come from "The Art of Knitting", the bits and pieces section, numbers 2 & 3.

The cookies I made also got cold - see how they are covered by snow - so I dipped one end in melted chocolate to keep their feet warm at least. In the recipe this is an added option, but they looked so naked and bare without their little chocolate feet. They are called Almond Horns, and yet again, my creative handywork fell short of Martha's horns. But lovies says they are nie, actually, blerrie nice!!!



Guess which one is mine?
Main Image
Last challenge for today was from http://www.onlinelifemakeover.com/, and involved number 2 in the series of 5 daily photo's I need to take. Today's picture had to be the contents of my handbag, and I am so sorry to disappoint you but there is nothing exciting for you to see.



I am a bit worried about the marriage challenge, as they want me to do something with my husband that is "out of my comfort zone". (get your mind out of the gutter - it is not that type of blog!!!) I do not know if it means I should give up the comfort zone of my bed and sleep on the floor? Should I sit in an uncomfortable position when we sit together on the couch? maybe I should wear my bra backwards? Let me think about this challenge for a few days - I have been contemplating ignoring the marriage challenge, but that would defeat the purpose of the 13 challenges per week. Sigh!!

MWAH
Lovies
Lizette

1 comment: