Wednesday, 23 May 2012

I will start at the end, as the beginning is not so interesting....

It is now 3h33 in the morning Beijing time, and I am off to bed. What kept me so busy until now? - I am not baking, I am not knitting, I am not scrapbooking - NO, I have been doing what Beijingers do. Eating and then singing in a real kareoke bar.

But not eating normal stuff, and not a normal kareoke bar - just check out these pics.

We had jellyfish (cold and horrible - like wet seaweed),

shark fin soup (I did not touch it), other aspic mystery ingredients, mushrooms I did not even knew existed - and in my opinion should not exist. Some items were nice - the Peking Duck, the Steak, the fried rice, etc.

The biggest drama was when we discovered a whole chicken foot at the bottom of the chicken soup. Someone was thoughtful enough to clip the toenails, but that was not consolation enough.



But the best was the Kareoke. Deep down in the underground, you get led through a maze of passages, then into your very own sound-proof room with all the Kareoke gadgets you could wish for (or not wish for). Now I am not a big Kareoke fan, but being in an alternative world with your friends and singing Rehana and Gagga songs at the top of your voice without a care in the world is amazing - especially if you can mimic the videos and make believe you are in tune, on beat, and as fantastic as them.




Please see some action pictures below - and I promise, tomorrow I will act like an old woman again and put the knitting pictures on the blog



But just for tonight, I was a pop-goddess and loved it.

tra-la-la
Lizette

No comments:

Post a Comment