Thursday, 10 May 2012

Hallo, hallo, hallo - and hope you had a happy Thursday.

My baking did not go too well today - and it was a double wammy as I made 2 recipe's tonight. They both sounded delish, but Les says teh first one taste like bubblegum - and not even my dog wants to eat it. I will take it to wok tomorrow - maybe it needs to be out of the fridge for a while before I can cut it. Please see my attempt to cut the Coconut-Pecan Cereal bars. They have marshmallows and pecans and coconut and corn flakes, but somehow when thrown together becomes a sticky, chewy, tooth-extraction mass!!






Then the second recipe is called Strawberry Shortbread, and I was very hopeful for this one. At least my dog likes them, but Les says they are just ordinary. They are pretty, so am taking a batch to work for the "Cookie Testing Station" - I cannot keep them for longer than 2 days.





Talking about my cookie-eating dog - here he is wearing the looooooooooooong scarf that goes with my BIG hat I featured last night. This was knitted on my trip to Basel Switzerland - on those cold lonely nights in the hotel room. (It's not that he needs to wear a scarf, but he thought he was getting another cookie, so he sat very still and patient for the pic)



I started the blog to journal the challenges I have signed up, so the challenge from 2 Peas in a Pod http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/cg_list.asp?t=36 this week was to do a scrapbook page in a format called a sketch. Now to let you know why this is a challenge for me, is because my name is not really Lizette, it is Mrs. Quickly. So sitting with little bits of paper, double sided tape, having to measure and cut straight and make it neat is a huge challenge for me. Maybe this process will teach me patience and precision - 2 P's not in my vocabulary

Here is my effort, at least the photo's are put to better use than just lying in a box at the bottom of my cupboard. Now this card can go in the box at the bottom of my cupboard (hie-hie-hie)



Talk to you tomorrow night (no, I do not have a life, I will be at home doing challenges and blogging)

Lovies
Lizette

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh soene vir Shida! Jys n inspirasie my mater! My grootste challenge is om my kind te kry om huiswerk te doen! Wens ek kon eerder scrapbook of brei! Lekker naweek tjomma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie dolla - jy ook.Onthou - n kind is soos n lewendige scrapboek bladsy - jy plak en gom en sny en skuif en raak moedeloos en aan die einde is alles die moeite werd

      Delete