Monday, 14 May 2012

A new day, a new week, and new challenges - my week is going to be so very exciting!

The "Cookie Testing Station" was very busy today, with 3 samples up for the taste test, and my worst nightmare has come true - the bloody Coconut-creamcheese pinwheels got the highest score ever! So I will have to make them again for the final taste-off. I attach the link again - and this is only for brave people with lots of patience - but as everybody scored them 10/10, 12/10 and they even got a 15/10 - it really is worth it.


Now tonight's cookie from Martha Stewart is called Vanilla Madeleines, and it seems it is just a very fancy name for little sponge cakes. But what the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound, and a challenge is a challenge, so if it is to make little sponge cakes, then that is what I must do.Please find the link below.



Some key learnings:
1) I do not own a Madeleine pan - or if I do I did not know that this is what it looks like


2) Never overfill the piping bag


3) You never need to buy Bostik again, just make Madeleine batter


4) My Madeleines do not look like Martha's Madeleines

Martha's Madeleines are a work of art
Main Image

My Madeleines are little round sponge cakes with some icing sugar sprikled on top


I have one challenge from http://studiocalico.typepad.com/studio_calico/ this week for scrapbooking, and I thought let me do this tonight and tick it off the list. I had to use a specific layout, i think they call it a sketch, and basically stick to that. So because I miss my sister, and she also loves scrapbooking, I used her picture in the layout. I KNOW she is going to be upset because I used this photo, but I love it  (and it was the only one that went with the paper I wanted to use - so there you have it)

Visiting her over the festive season in December is such a treat, and I miss her dearly.
HEIDISKETCHThis is teh sketch I had to work to, so see my effort below.


Lastly, from http://www.onlinelifemakeover.com/ I have a funny challenge this week - here it is:

"
I dare you to take a picture every day of the week and to post in on the Pretty Powerful Facebook Fan Page - with a blurp to help us "get it".

The theme for each day is listed below. 

How to do it:

Here's what you should aim for. Happy shooting!
  • Monday:  My lunch"
So being on a low-carb diet, my lunch was extremely exciting and if I knew i was going to take a picture of it - i would have gone to more trouble. Instead of making a sandwich with bread, I make one with ham and cheese, using the cheese as the 2 slices of bread and putting the slice of ham in the middle - njam, njam



C U 2MORROW

Lovies
Lizette

2 comments:

  1. Ek ook nou carbs uitgesny - en so dankbaar vir jou toebroodjie idee! Haha Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAR kry jy daai foto? Hahahha skewe nekkie!
    Ek pas al vir 3 jaar nie meer in daai skirt nie :)
    Oulike bladsy. :)

    ReplyDelete