Saturday, 12 May 2012

Oooh, to day was a lekker day. I did just what I wanted to do, nothing more, and nothing less. I woke up feeling a bit stressed, as I am behind with my challenges for week 1, but as soon as I realised that I have a whole day to myself - I felt wonderful (it also helped that my fantastic housegirl - Loveness - was here today to help clean up and wash dirty cookie-making dishes.)

Speaking about cookies, I made Cherry-Espresso Biscotti today, and the smell of vanilla and coffee filled my house and settled into all the rooms like a soft, comfortable duvet of lusciousness. MMmmmmmmm...

Les loves them, and he is not familiar with Biscotti, so his assessment after his first cookie were as follows: "Mmm, this is nice, almost like a type of rusk. It has got sweet and bitter in it at the same time. Mmm, can I have another one?"

So c'mon boys and girls, get out those cooking tools and treat yourself and the ones you love. I know they do not look like much, but I am told that the taste is "11/10" (in the words of Edwin, the gardener) You see, I have cookie tester everywhere!!!!




One of the weekly challenges I had to complete was a photographic one, posted on http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/weekly-photo-challenge-unfocused/
The challenge is to take a photo that is unfocused, so here is my focused unfocusedness.Since the new, cost-efective models of digital cameras is technologically above my capabilities, I did not know how not to focus, as the bloody camera does the focussing on its own. So being resourceful and wise beyond my 50 years, I moved the camera around while pressing the little silver button - and Viola!! An unfocussed Photo.


I am loving the scrapbooking challenges, and had to make a scrapbook thingie (still do not know what to call these loose pages/cards) with 5 photos. So I was a bit limited in my choice of topic, but made one for my husband and his second love (he loves me most and then he loves Jock second most) This challenge was posted on http://studiocalico.typepad.com/studio_calico/

WARNING - IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN CLOSE YOUR EYES NOW

WARNING - IF YOU THINK MEAT COMES FROM PICK N PAY AND CHECKERS CLOSE YOUR EYES NOW


And then the last challenge I did today was from http://www.sewweekly.com/, and the challenges was to use an old photograph with your mother as inspiration to sew an outfit.  My sister kindly scanned in this formal portrait of our family, and my heart is so sore when I see my mom so young and healthy and beautiful, and now she is gone forever.

But alas, life goes on and sew I must. My mom, bless her heart, dressed Jacolette and me in similar outfits for a long time. NO, we are not twins. So looking at this photo taken in the early 70's, I decided to make myself a MAXI skirt. For those of you born later than the 70's, as well as those who have never worn a skirt (I do have some male followers), a maxi skirt is just another word for a long skirt. A really long skirt. Long like almost hanging to the floor. Maxi long - sure you get the picture now.

Please see me, my dog, my garden and my maxi skirt. will I wear it again - maybe to a "Little House on the Prairie" party.


Enough about me now, let me hear about you either through a comment on my blog, or on facebook.

Tomorrow I just have 3 challenges to do, then I have finished WEEK 1 with no challenges undone.

Lovies
Lizette

2 comments:

  1. Joeka sister ek is sommer uitasem as ek hoor wat jy alles gedoen het vandag! Hoeveel kos die koekiebakkery jou per week? Dink jou cookie tastrs het nou lank genoeg verniet geproe. Jy moet nou R2 per koekie begin charge dink ekke... gaan nou doeks - ek het hooikorrs en my 4 groot brakke poep my uit die kamer so ek het nou een van daai baba hekkies in die gang opgesit! Geniet jou dag more - sien uit om te lees van die challenges. Ek het vir jou ook n challenge - sal jou more via facebook laat weet - ten bate van diertjies in die wintertyd - kos amper niks... tog dink ek min gaan my challenge opvat (maar ek weet Jy sal!) Mmmwha! Lekke aand dolla xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lekker doedoes maatjie. Ek sal vir jou koekies bak dan kan julle dit verkoop en geld vir die honde gee. kan nie wag vir more nie - praat dan met jou

      Delete